I’ve been trying to find ways to be more environmentally friendly
lately. Glamour’s April issue had lots of ways to Go Green, so I
figured I’d share some here…sometimes it seems like these suggestions
are inconvenient, but really, it just requires creating new habits!
What are you doing to go green?
1. Recycle – check to see if your trash service also picks up recycling. If not, find a drop off location near you.
2. Sign up for online banking – skip the paper statements.
3. Shop online – save gas!
3. Adjust your thermostat – 68 degrees in the winter and 76 degrees in the summer.
4. Find new uses for old “stuff” before buying more.
5. Switch to natural cleaners.
6. Make sorting your recycling easy – buy containers that coordinate with your decor.
7. Use rechargeable batteries.
8. Go to catelogchoice.org and unsubscribe to printed catalog mailings.
9. Fill up a reusable water bottle.
10. Unplug electronics when not in use.
11. Fix broken things rather than throwing them out and buying new.
12. Wash clothes in cold water.
13. Use canvas shopping bags rather than paper or plastic – plastic won’t break down and paper uses more resources.
14. Use less paper.
15. Take shorter showers and keep the water off while you are brushing your teeth.
16. Walk, run or bike.
17. Earth Day is April 22nd – find events in your community to support.